Thursday, October 15, 2009

My New Nickname

 Well, we have a surgery date but neither of us is really happy with it.  We have made all the decisions and just want to get on with the show.  Get in there, fix the problem, and move on with our life.  How many people do you know who wish for a surgery date sooner!!!???

It has only been a week or so since the consultation with the surgeon.  Since then, B has been to the dentist per the surgeon's request, flu shot appointments have been made for the entire family this weekend, and we have figured out vacation pay from both our jobs to cover our time out of the office.  I have my family on hold so that they can take care of G while I take care of B in the hospital for a week.  And I have updated the medical history and doctor contact information in B's Marfan Binder. 


All that in a week and we are still 6 1/2 weeks away from the surgery date.  My list of to dos as we get closer to the date gets longer and longer. 

But that is what the Marfan Manager Mom does.

2 comments:

Maya said...

Hey Jamie! This is Maya, from NMF Connect. I just stumbled on your blog using Google Alerts! I also run a blog about Marfan called Musings of a Marfan Mom (www.marfmom.wordpress.com), about being a mother with Marfan syndrome (and also just motherhood in general, b/c Marfan doesn't change *everything*). I'm in the process of moving it over from Blogger to Wordpress so it's not all looking pretty yet. Anyway, can I add your blog to my blogroll? I'd love to see a network of Marfan blogs!

Unknown said...

YES, absolutely! Going to visit your blog too.