Wednesday, May 14, 2008

History of Us

I feel like I have to qualify myself to write this blog. I know its my blog and I dont really have to but it feels good to look back sometimes. To acknowledge what we have experienced and what we have survived. Its cliche but it does make us stronger.

In 2001, I met the most hysterical, supportive, nicest guy ever. His name was B. We hit it off immediately.

In 2002, B called me from work to tell me he was going to the hospital and he wasnt sure what was wrong. He just knew something was seriosuly not right with him. Thank God he made that call and that the ER doctor listened to the crazy girlfirend (that's me!) about Marfan Syndrome. After a CT scan, it was determined that B was in the midst of a descending aortic dissection. A short helicopter ride later, he was in the ICU at a fabulous hospital for 8 days. That was the first introduction I had to Marfan-related issues.

After getting married, we welcome G into our hearts and lives in 2004. She is the light of our lives and yes, the world that we live in does actually revolve around her. :)

Just this week, Monday to be exact, we took G to the eye doctor. For the past few months, I noticed her eye turning in sometimes. I had "lazy eye" as a kid so that is what I thought it was. Even with all the years of researching and preparing, we werent ready to hear the words "Dislocated lenses. Yes, G has Marfan Syndrome as well".

And here we are today.

No comments: