Monday, May 19, 2008

Consult

After a week of feeling sad and angry, this weekend I found myself turning on the automatic pilot. I am the mom and G is looking to me to find the best doctors and make the right decisions. There is no time for self pity.

Today we took G to see an eye surgeon for a second opinion on whether surgery is necessary. It went as planned.....a lot of waiting and 15 minutes with the actual doctor. The entire appt (including waiting) took 3 hours! Ah, doctors and time.

We did not schedule surgery.

Over the weekend, I got an email from a doctor at John Hopkins Marfan Center. We are now waiting to hear from the genetic counselor and then we will go up to MD for another consult and full Marfan evaluation.

So again, a day of a lot of questions and not many answers.

No comments: